For large brands that want to offer more sustainable seafood to their customers, there are two choices: (1) Buy fish from sources that are certified as sustainable, or (2) Improve fisheries and move them towards certification.
By Wendy Goyert and Pablo Guerrero
Fishing for mahi mahi in Ecuador may look much like the artisanal craft it has been for decades, but practices on the water are very different than just a few years ago.
- Bringing More Sustainable, Responsible and Traceable Seafood to Brazil
- More Responsibly Farmed Shrimp Could be Coming Soon to U.S. Consumers
- WWF Updates Seafood Website, Adds New FIP Participant Tool
- Rough Seas in Bristol Bay
- 100% ASC-certified, Fully Traceable, Zero Antibiotics: New CEO-led initiative launches with commitment to farming shrimp