For large brands that want to offer more sustainable seafood to their customers, there are two choices: (1) Buy fish from sources that are certified as sustainable, or (2) Improve fisheries and move them towards certification.
By Wendy Goyert and Pablo Guerrero
Fishing for mahi mahi in Ecuador may look much like the artisanal craft it has been for decades, but practices on the water are very different than just a few years ago.
- Rough Seas in Bristol Bay
- 100% ASC-certified, Fully Traceable, Zero Antibiotics: New CEO-led initiative launches with commitment to farming shrimp
- Love Lobster Tails? Thank The Bahamas’ Mia Isaacs
- Sustainable Seafood Update: WWF’s Work with Wild Selections
- “Plan Dorado” Secures a Future for Ecuador’s Mahi Mahi Fishery