US businesses are backing Peru’s mahi mahi fishery in a big way. The Peruvian government recently received a letter from 26 major US-based seafood buyers and importers pledging their support for the Peruvian mahi mahi fishery improvement project (FIP) and urged officials to actively participate in the advancement of the fishery toward the MSC standard. The US is the top importer of mahi mahi from Peru, so this level of economic demand for responsibly sourced seafood is especially significant.
- Hyatt Reaches Industry-Leading Global Seafood Sustainability Target
- Two Major Salmon Producers Pick-Up the WWF Call
- Four Years of Our European Sustainability Journey with Thai Union
- Industry Bands Together in Support of Collapsing Crab Fisheries
- Royal Caribbean Sources ASC Certified Salmon That Helps Protect Critical Ecosystems and Support Local Communities in Chile